Fine Art Friday {September}

It's been two months since the last FAF and I can't believe how fast it went by. I wasn't able to do August's post as I was at cheerleading camp (I coach) that Friday. I couldn't get the post ready ahead of time either as I had SO MUCH going on. And based on conversations with my fellow fPOE gals, I wasn't the only one! It seems that summer is rush, rush these days and no more relax, relax. Most of us fPOE leaders took August off, so I didn't feel too bad that I was shirking my duties. ;)

I'm not exactly thrilled about it getting into fall weather because winter comes next and we all know how I feel about that. But, I am happy to get back into a routine with school being back in session and life being a bit more under control. *whew* I look forward to presenting the rest of this year's FAF...on time. HA! Here is September's collection; enjoy!



 Chaise Longue Gallery of Stacy Frett
Gidget Clayton Photography - Gidget Clayton
Title: Faith
Description: I created this image inside the Arc de Triomphe at Place de l'Étoile at the top of the Champs-Élysées in Paris, France this past spring. Inside the Arc de Triomphe you must ascend 281 steps to reach the top of the monument. The staircase is this grand spiral design that is overwhelming but it is beautiful at the same time. I found this boy looking down as if he was a bit afraid of the descent. I thought that it would create a beautiful image. I decided to create a calendar with an inspirational quote that matched the essence of the image.
Judith Kimber Photography - Judith Kimber
Title: Yellow Gate
Description: Seamus Heaney's home town, rural South Derry
Janelle Tweed Photography - Janelle Tweed
Title: Niagara Falls Rapids
Description: Niagara Falls, New York is one of my favorite places to walk around with my camera during fall. It's such a beautiful, peaceful place. Perfect for capturing all the stunning color fall has to offer.    
 RCM Fine Art Photography - Robin Matterfis
Title: Fishers Island Gull No. 1
Description:  This gull visited us while we were at a beach on Fishers Island.  We shared our avocado with it and it stayed and posed for a few pictures.  
Nine Dragons Photography - Elizabeth England
Title:  Peach & Pony 
ImageNationPhoto - Julie A. Lopez
Title: Country Mailboxes
Description: Image shot in August on the road to Doe Bay on Orcas Island in the San Juans. The warm bright late afternoon sun was shining down on this row of old country mailboxes and I couldn't resist a photograph or two!
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ImageNationphoto?ref=si_shop


 Laughter and Love Photography - Angie Turner
Title: Fireflies
Description: This summer was spent making memories with my kids. Among the many memories we made was staying up until dark to fill a Mason jar with fireflies...or lightening bugs as we Michiganders call them!
Etsy: http://www.laughlovephoto.etsy.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/laughterandlovephotography  

 

Comments

Terrific Fine Art Friday images...thanks for including mine, though I forgot to leave a description for Peaches & Pony! A friend was making a batch of peach jam and I was peeling peaches. It turned into a photo session when the peaches came out of their waterbath all plump and peachy.
Unknown said…
It is beautiful! Thank you for doing this!